BLS (CPR) for Healthcare Providers
This hands-on American Heart Association Healthcare Provider-level CPR Renewal program reviews cardiopulmonary resuscitation, AED use, and choking emergencies in adults, children, and infants. Successful completion of an online exam is required in order to receive certification then complete your one-on-one assessment at Yankee 2022. 15 minutes session running continuously each day starting at 9:00 am.
- Perform high-quality CPR on adult, child, and infant manikins
- Understand the importance of early defibrillation in the survival of sudden cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate how and when to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) on an adult manikin
- Review how to activate the emergency response system for a patient experiencing an emergency
- Identify the steps for intervening on behalf of patients experiencing an upper airway obstruction
- Successfully complete the online exam required for Healthcare Provider-level CPR certification
IMPORTANT: You must bring the printed certificate of successfully completing the online course and exam in order to complete the skills check and certification process.
NO PAPERWORK, NO ADMISSION.
Here’s how it works:
Sign up, then take your interactive online training + written exam at https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls This online course is not administered through Yankee and there is a separate fee. Print your online certificate of training and bring it with you to Yankee.
IMPORTANT: After successfully completing your online exam, you must print your online certificate of training and bring it with you to Yankee. This online certificate serves as part of your admission ticket to the skills session at Yankee.
Choose your BLS timeslot during the Yankee 2022 registration process. During your session you will complete a brief, one-to-one skills check with your very own CPR instructor. After successfully completing the skills check you will receive your new AHA e-certificate via email.
You must complete the online component of this certification before Yankee 2022. Registration for this program will close on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm