BOSTON CONVENTION & EXHIBITION CENTER
About the BCEC
The BCEC was designed by world-renowned architect Raphael Vinoly and HNTB Architecture. The beauty and symbolism of the building’s modern, glass-lined interior is reflected throughout the 2.1 million square feet of space. The 41,000 square-foot ballroom overlooks the Boston Seaport District, offering breathtaking views.
- The most technologically advanced convention facility in the world
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building
- More network bandwidth than any other U.S. convention center
- Only 8 minutes from Logan International Airport – the shortest airport to convention center time in the U.S.
- 20,000 hotel rooms within 1 mile of the BCEC
Does the convention center have Wi-Fi?
The BCEC provides free WiFi throughout the building. No password necessary.
Safety and Security
Safety and Security at Yankee Dental Congress 2020
The safety and security of all attendees and exhibitors at Yankee Dental Congress 2020 are of the utmost importance to us. The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) recently instituted a new policy to enhance its security profile for the protection of all persons accessing its venues, which includes the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC).
Here is what you can expect and should prepare for as you plan your Yankee Dental Congress 2020 experience.
Plan ahead! Allow extra time to enter the BCEC and arrive at courses and events.
Bag Search and Restrictions
The MCCA will be conducting bag searches at all entrances to the BCEC. All bags are subject to search and metal wand screening. Security measures will also include magnetometers. For your information and convenience, please refer to the MCCA’s policy on restricted items at the BCEC in advance of your arrival. At this time, the MCAA does not required clear bags.
If you have questions or comments prior to or during the event, please call the BCEC Public Safety Office at 617.954.2222.
Is the BCEC easy to reach?
- Two minutes from Routes I-90; I-93
- Four minutes from downtown Boston
- Eight minutes from Logan International Airport
- Serviced by the MBTA Silver Line via South Station
- Amtrak connections to MBTA Silver Line via South Station
Will there be ample parking?
BCEC, South Parking Lot: 1,345 spaces. There is no overnight parking allowed.
The South Parking Lot hours:
Wednesday, January 30: 6:00 am - 11:59 pm
Thursday, January 31: 5:00 am - 9:00 pm (unattended 9:00 – 11:59 pm*)
Friday, February 1: 5:00 am - 9:00 pm (unattended 9:00 – 11:59 pm*)
Saturday, February 2: 5:00 am - 11:59 pm
Sunday, February 3: 5:00 am - 11:59 pm
*Exiting is permitted but entry and re-entry will not be allowed.
A parking shuttle from the South Lot will be offered during the Yankee Dental Congress 2020 event.
This shuttle is provided by Cavalier Coach and will provide service to Level 1 Northwest vestibule doors during the following dates:
Wednesday, January 30: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday, January 31: 5:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday, February 1: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday February 2: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Car: $20 per day
Valet Parking: $30 per day
Oversized Vehicle (anything that does not fit within a single 9ft × 9ft parking space): $40 per day
Please note there is No Overnight Parking allowed.
Overflow Lot #1 - Channel Center Garage - View Directions to Channel
Overflow Lot #2 – South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center 500 D Street, South Boston, MA 02210 (entrances available on Summer Street as well)
Overflow Lot #3 – Seaport Hotel Garage- View Directions From to Seaport (Shuttle will leave from the Plaza entrance)
Additional off-site parking (NO shuttle service)
- 1 Seaport Lane (Seaport Parking)
- 12 Drydock Ave (Marine Industrial Park Garage)
- 17 Farnsworth St (Farnsworth Street Garage)
- 212 Northern Ave (Fish Pier West)
- 225 Northern Ave (Pilgrim Parking Inc)
- 284 A Street (Channelside Lot Parking)
- 390 Congress St
- 391 Congress St
- 38 Necco St (Necco St Garage)
- 116 West 1st Street (Channel Center Garage)
- 145 Northern Ave
- 492 Summer St (Lot D-3)
- 701 Congress St (Massport Lot Parcel H)
- 450 Summer St (at D St., Westin Waterfront Hotel)
- 55 Stillings St (VPNE Stillings St Garage)
- 406 Summer St. (S. Boston Waterfront Transportation Ctr.)
= Open 24 hours