- Thursday 1/31/2019
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 105TL
- Cost: $99
- Room Location: BCEC Room 210 A
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
The Morning Team Huddle
THE MORNING TEAM HUDDLE: FORMERLY KNOWN AS DENTAL TEAM PLAYBOOK
Hot and Bothered: Science and Strategies for Managing Oral Systemic Inflammation
Are you sick and tired of your patients being sick and tired as a result of their poor oral and overall health? Shockingly, 70% of all deaths in the U.S. are caused by chronic disease, with chronic inflammation playing a key role in many of these conditions. Inflammation doesn’t just wreak havoc on the oral cavity; inflammation can be detrimental to overall health as well. How you take care of yourself not only impacts the mouth, but the entire body. This course details specific strategies for optimum overall health, giving attendees tangible action steps for decreasing inflammation both for themselves and for patients.
Using realistic case studies and small group interaction, attendees will learn optimum periodontal diagnosis and treatment planning strategies, as well as how to present treatment plans to patients. Each attendee will leave with a dialogue toolbox to actively engage patients to take action on treatment recommendations.
- Explain the current science surrounding inflammatory diseases
- Differentiate between pro-inflammatory foods and anti-inflammatory foods
- Understand how lifestyle choices influence both oral and systemic inflammation
- Describe the cascade of clinical events that define periodontal disease infections along with therapeutic intervention strategies
- Demonstrate through treatment planning exercises how to enroll clients into both gingivitis therapy as well as comprehensive periodontal therapy
- Design comfortable dialogues for both the clinical and administrative teams
*Tution includes a buffet breakfast beginning at 8:30 am.
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now