- Thursday 1/31/2019
- Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 235TL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Exhibit Floor Classroom G
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Legal Issues in Practice Transitions
William Mandell, JD, Esq. is a founder and shareholder of Pierce & Mandell, P.C., in Boston, MA where his practice is concentrated in the areas of health and business law.
Hannah Schindler Spinelli, Esq, JD is an associate with the law firm of Pierce & Mandell, P.C., in Boston, MA.
- Explain what legal documents are necessary to buy or sell a practice and when to retain legal counsel
- Determine the most important early steps to take to ensure that the transition will be successful and both cost and time efficient
- Describe how buyers can protect themselves from the liabilities of the seller
- Assess how sellers can secure commitments for post-closing activities
- Summarize what restrictive covenants are and if they are enforceable
Recommended Audience: Dentist