DSO vs. CEO: Evaluating Your Career Options as an Associate Dentist
- Thursday 1/31/2019
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Course Code: 209TL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Exhibit Floor Classroom J
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
ROOM LOCATION CHANGE: abc123
SORRY, THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT!
David Miller, is vice president and regional business development officer for Bank of America Practice Solutions.
Greg Whitmer, is a vice president and regional business development officer for Bank of America Practice Solutions covering all of New England.
This course addresses a question every dentist faces at various points in their career, "Should I work as an associate or venture into private practice by purchasing or starting a practice?" The short answer is, “it depends.” Every person is different and places different values on work/life balance, this course will help you make an informed decision about which career path is the best fit.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand employment contracts and what to negotiate or look out for
- Assess the difference in personal income as an associate compared to owning a dental practice
- Describe what options there are for practice ownership
- Build a career path, a business plan, and a personal financial roadmap
- Identify what financing is available to first-time practice owners
- Review what it takes to transition from being a solo practice owner to owning three or more locations
Recommended Audience: Dentist
OTHER COURSES BY:
OTHER COURSES ABOUT: