Why Do Gums Bleed? The Impact of Sugar on Systemic Health
- Thursday 1/31/2019
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 192TL
- Cost: $79
- Room Location: BCEC Room 107 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Trisha O'Hehir, RDH is an international speaker, author, instrument designer, inventor, and founder and president of O’Hehir University.
How often do you see patients with 5mm pockets that bleed, despite your best efforts at oral hygiene instructions? The old brushing and flossing message may not be enough in today’s high carbohydrate environment. Learn how sugar/flour impact periodontal disease by feeding oral bacteria and by complicating the immune response. Dental hygiene visits will soon incorporate nutritional coaching along with new technology, instruments, and strategies to make achieving health in these 5mm bleeding pockets faster, easier, and more predictable. Evaluate the efficiency of current practices in the business and clinical areas of the practice.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand how sugar impacts not only the oral bacteria but also the systemic response
- Describe how sugar influences inflammation
- Understand the role of the sugar industry on the oral health message
- Apply a three-step approach to periodontal treatment that achieves predictable health
- Implement a radical change in the dental hygiene approach to oral health
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
This Course will be audiotaped.
The 3M Grant has been applied to this course.
OTHER COURSES BY:
OTHER COURSES ABOUT: