- Thursday 1/31/2019
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 127TL
- Cost: $99
- Room Location: BCEC Room 204 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Look Beyond the Teeth and Save Lives!
Jamison Spencer, DMD, MS is a Diplomate of the American Board of Craniofacial Pain, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine, and the American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep medicine. He is also the director of the Center for Sleep Apnea and TMJ in Boise, ID and the Director of of Dental Sleep Medicine for Lane and Associates Family Dentistry in Raleigh, NC. He is the past-president of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain and an adjunct faculty member at UOP and UNC Dental School.
- Understand normal sleep and how to improve sleep
- Identify how obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) affects adults and children
- Familiarize with the dental aspects of screening for OSA
- Recognize how to choose the best oral appliance for your specific patient
- Avoid problems and minimize side effects of oral appliance therapy
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
This Course will be audiotaped.