Public Health: Your "Mission" Should You Choose to Accept It!
- Thursday 1/30/2020
- Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Course Code: 147TL
- Cost: $20
- Room Location: BCEC Northwest Lobby
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
The Northwest Lobby is located on the second floor west wing.
SORRY, THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT!
Amber Auger, RDH is a practicing dental hygienist and clinical innovations implementation specialist. She works with practices to provide customized protocols, to refocus on the patient experience, and to utilize systemic approaches to periodontal therapy. She is a regular contributor to RDH magazine, a featured author for DentistryIQ, and host of #AskAmberRDH. Auger also provides preventive services abroad.
Providing dental hygiene services in non-traditional settings is essential to increase access to care. Adapting preventive care while adhering to the standard precautions will ensure clinicians and patients are kept safe. This course is designed to empower dental professionals with practical steps for successful mission trips.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Recognize what to look for when choosing an organization to serve with
- Compare practical tools to honor the culture receiving care
- Review 5 steps to successful dental mission trips abroad
- Identify non-traditional protocols to maximize limited resources
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
OTHER COURSES BY:
OTHER COURSES ABOUT: