- Friday 1/31/2020
- Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 557RL
- Cost: $59
- Room Location: BCEC Room 206 A
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Save Someone’s Life with an Extraoral Examination
Irene Iancu, RDH is a practicing dental hygienist, clinical and theoretical dental hygiene instructor at Oxford College, quality assurance mentor with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, key opinion leader, and international speaker.
that have been uncharted territory. This course is designed to empower the dental hygienist to make note of specific dermatological tell-tale-signs of systemic disease, and utilizing case studies and condition imagery to identify early signs of cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, and pre-diabetes.This course will ignite a fire within every person in the room to be as vigilant regarding the extraoral examination as they are with the intraoral.
- Identify signs and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases, pre-cardiovascular diseases, diabetesand insulin resistance
- Conduct an extraoral examination and provide documentation of potential warning signs
- Assess blood work including HDL/LDL, glucose levels and associated metrics
- Provide specific periodontal considerations for clients with cardiovascular conditions and diabetic precursors
Recommended Audience: Hygienist
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now