- Saturday 2/1/2020
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Course Code: 640SL
- Cost: $59
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Vaping: A Viable Alternative or Danger in the Air?
The popularity of vaping is on the rise, often with unregulated products. The market is catering to the younger generation, marketing appealing and concealing devices and flavors. Few studies and long-term effects are widely unknown, education and screening patients is a key element in any dental practice. Attendees will learn the dangers, and impacts on the oral and systemic health conditions, leaving with the knowledge to discuss vaping with patients.
- Describe the effects of vaping on the body
- Identify common ingredients in vaping devices
- Examine conditions and risk associated with vaping devices
- Review studies related to vaping dangers
- Determine recommendations for discussing dangers and alternatives with patients