- Saturday 2/1/2020
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Course Code: 693SL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Exhibit Floor Classroom F
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
The Inside Scoop on Selling to a DSO
DSOs have a major role in the future of dentistry. They currently control approximately 17 percent of all dental practices in the United States and this number is expected to increase to 30 percent by 2021. Most successful dental practice owners have already received at least one unsolicited contact (and likely many more) from a DSO or DSO representative about
selling or affiliating.Getting good objective information about DSOs and the process of selling to a DSO is challenging.
In this course, we will draw upon our deep unbiased experience working as legal counsel on "both sides of the aisle" - to
dentists who have affiliated with DSOs and to DSOs themselves. The course is targeted for dental practice owners who
want to better understand what it means to sell to a DSO and the process of selling to a DSO.
- Determine whether a DSO affiliation is the right fit
- Define the sometimes confusing language used by DSOs..
- Understand the process of selling to a DSO from start to finish.
- Utilize best practices when navigating a sale to a DSO.
- Identify what DSOs are and why they are changing the business of dentistry.
- Comparethe pros and cons of selling to a DSO as opposed to a private dentist.