- Saturday 1/30/2021
- Time: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Course Code: 612SLV
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
How COVID-19 Has Changed Infection Prevention in Dentistry
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the protocols for infection prevention and safety in dentistry in several key areas. It is anticipated that some of these changes will be permanent and others temporary. Learn the latest guidance from the CDC and OSHA on patient and health care worker screening, PPE, disinfectants, air purification, and more. Attendees will receive a resource list for topics discussed in the course.
- Compare OSHA rules and guidance with CDC guidance
- Identify which rules and guidance must be followed and which are voluntary
- List characteristics of surface disinfectants that are effective against COVID-19
- Review various types of respiratory protection devices
- Determine which respiratory protection device is required for aerosol-generating procedures
- Describe elements of an OSHA-required respiratory protection plan
NO CHARGE - POWER PASS REGISTRATION REQUIRED
To view course handouts click HERE.