- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 129TH
- Cost: $199
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Silver Diamine Fluoride: What Is Its Place in Oral Health Care?
Silver diamine fluoride (SDF) received FDA clearance in 2014 as a desensitizing agent is used off label to arrest caries. In October 2016 it was awarded breakthrough therapy designation for caries treatment. This course will look at this recently-available treatment in the management of caries and help dentists incorporate this important technique into everyday practice. This course will review the scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of SDF as a caries-arresting medicament. The principles of case selection, informed consent, treatment planning, and a clinical protocol for SDF will be presented. Clinical findings and guidelines for SDF currently being used will be discussed. Find out how incorporating this simple, non-invasive treatment option using SDF in your practice can fulfil an important unmet need, improve patient satisfaction, and increase access to care for our most vulnerable patients.
- Describe the evidence for using SDF as a non-aerosol caries treatment option
- Understand the evidence for using Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) in caries prevention
- Set up materials and prepare teeth for SDF treatment
- Practice step-by-step application of SDF on cavitated lesions
- Discuss informed consent, coding, and billing for SDF