- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 142TE
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 107 A
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Special Care Dentistry "Cookbook"
Current concepts in interdisciplinary, patient-centered care demand a comprehensive and integrated approach and this is especially critical for those with special needs. The complicated medical, psychosocial, and financial situations of many patients with special needs necessitates that today’s practitioners be able to create a “virtual dental home” for patients. Practitioners must learn to ask the right questions and to communicate with allied health professionals, case managers, primary care providers, and family members. This course is designed for the practicing provider who has the heart for treating this population but would like to increase the basic knowledge needed to accomplish this. A step by step guide to the magic mix of ingredients to make your practice grow by adding patients with special needs will be discussed along with some “real world’ tips for how to make it happen in your practice.
- Identify avenues for implementation of the “virtual dental home” model
- List the necessary steps to integrate patients with special needs into your practice
- Utilize some basic strategies for treating patients with disabilities
- Apply the skills learned to communicate with other providers in a professional and meaningful way