- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 139TL
- Cost: $99
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Hot Topics in Pediatric Dentistry Revealed!
Treating children successfully requires the right temperament and many of the right tools. This course will discuss some of the hottest and more successful topics in pediatric dentistry to help you treat children successfully! The instructor will address a variety of mini topics that are well established, new and emerging in pediatric dentistry. The full range of pediatric dentistry will include topics as, behavior management, disease management of early childhood caries based on risk, what is new in restorative dentistry, pulp therapy in primary teeth, treatment of molar incisor hypoplasia, use of lasers in pediatric dentistry, local anesthesia for children and sedation techniques among other new trend patterns currently used with young patients.
- "Get it done by age one”: find a dental home
- Manage early childhood caries and understand risk-based disease prevention
- Utilize modern behavior management techniques, including the use of local and general anesthesia for children and sedation techniques
- Determine the use of Silver Diamine Fluoride and Interim Therapeutic Restoration (ITR)
- Recognize the use of lasers in pediatric dentistry
- Understand isolation systems commonly used in pediatric dentistry