- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 148TH
- Cost: $225
- Room Location: BCEC Room 153 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Dental Hygienists: Utilize Diode Lasers with Success
Give your practice a boost by harnessing laser technology with a positive result, to effectively manage day-to-day periodontal patient conditions and provide excellent access for instrumentation. Procedures to be discussed include non-surgical periodontics (laser bacterial reduction, curettage) management of ulcers, and hemostasis. Attendees will experience direct hands-on activity using a diode laser on a variety of models including a pig jaw. The instructor will review each procedure in a step-by-step fashion to instill confidence when you return to the practice. Systems to incorporate lasers into a practice, including third party coding and patient acceptance will also be discussed.
- Investigate laser utilization including diode wavelengths and respective techniques on models and pig jaws
- Experience step-by-step techniques to ensure your confidence including specialized local/topical anesthetic pearls
- Differentiate laser technologies for periodontal indications including laser bacterial reduction, curettage, and photo bio modulation
- Utilize lasers for debridement access with your favorite instrumentation
- Develop techniques for incorporating laser into a dental practice considering patient acceptance and third-party coding
- Understand post-operative evaluation protocols to assess wound healing
All laser treatment techniques for hygienists will comply with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry guidelines.