- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 8:30 - 11:30 am
- Course Code: 103TL
- Cost: $115
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
5 Steps to Solving Work-Related Pain in Dentistry
Did you know that one-third of dentists who retire early are forced to, due to a musculoskeletal disorder? Untreated chronic pain can result in physical and financial disaster! Now, more than ever, in a post-pandemic world, mental stress can add to physical demands in the operatory, resulting in pain. Due to the multi-factorial nature of work-related pain in dentistry, rarely does a single intervention (i.e. new loupes, strength training) permanently resolve chronic pain issues. Research reveals five key areas that are essential to effectively resolving work-related pain in dentistry. The sequence in which these are implemented is also integral to successfully resolving pain. This dynamic and interactive course introduces ground-breaking education that can prevent pain, boost productivity, and transform your life!
- List the etiologies of work-related pain in dentistry
- Pinpoint the single most important dental ergonomic intervention to prevent neck pain
- Implement a technique to control stress in the operatory while preventing neck and back pain
- Identify trigger points and the mechanisms by which they develop
- Recognize the painful muscle imbalance to which dental professionals are uniquely prone
- Understand what research shows is the best type of exercise to prevent pain in dentistry
*Tuition includes breakfast beginning at 8:30 am.