- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 152TL
- Cost: $99
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Neck, Back, and Beyond: Preventing Pain with Evidence-based Ergonomics
The financial impact of poor ergonomics can be devastating to dental professionals, and resultant injuries can impair quality of life of every team member.
Pain is not a necessary by-product of delivering dental care! Effectively preventing work-related pain in dentistry requires addressing numerous risk factors, both inside and outside your operatory. The instructor combines 20 years of dental ergonomic experience with her doctorate research to teach truly effective strategies in the operatory to prevent pain and ensure career longevity. Through engaging demonstrations, attendees will discover powerful evidence-based strategies they can easily apply in the operatory: equipment selection and adjustment, patient positioning, body mechanics, lighting, and other factors.
- Implement appropriate ergonomic interventions for chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain
- List three ergonomic criteria to select dental loupes to improve health
- Create ergonomic modifications in the operatory with minimal expense
- Position yourself, assistants, patients, headrest and overhead light correctly
- Recognize unique pain patterns in specialists and implement specific interventions
- Identify ergonomic features and adjustment of operator stools, patient chairs, and delivery systems