- Friday 1/28/2022
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 420RL
- Cost: $99
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
The "New" Periodontal Disease: "Inflammatory and Risky"
Periodontitis has entered into a new frontier as not only a major chronic infection but moreover a disease of chronic inflammation. Recent studies demonstrate that the incidence of periodontitis has been underestimated by 50%. Determining who is at risk and the corresponding therapy and management is a significant component of effective treatment. Dental school provides the science. This course transforms the science into actual dental practice.
- Manage inflammation as a systemic and local immune response with antioxidants and microthin ultrasonic/laser combinations
- Recognize management of periodontitis as a major chronic inflammatory systemic disease
- Determine the role of traditional and non-traditional therapies in controlling periodontitis
- Utilize risk assessment to determine susceptibility
- Incorporate the new paradigm of periodontal medicine into the practice
- Consider genetics, diet (probiotics/nutraceuticals), and stress as variables in controlling disease