- Friday 1/28/2022
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 418RH
- Cost: $225
- Room Location: BCEC Room 156 C
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Oral Fluid Fantasyland
Caring for people with dry mouth can be incredibly frustrating for clinicians, and wickedly uncomfortable for patients. Limited therapies and scant evidence might seem to create an overall poor prognosis for restorative treatment, but you don’t have to lose hope. If your topical treatments for xerostomia are leaving you with a desire for more moisture, it’s time to turn on the glands with a better understanding of salivary physiology.
Speaker requests that attendees do not eat or drink for 2 hours prior to the course for accuracy of saliva analysis test results.
- Assess caries risk with objective data
- Identify protective factors that may encourage health
- Explain which tastants improve the quality of saliva
- Stimulate saliva and mitigate the effects of MIX disease