- Saturday 1/29/2022
- Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Course Code: 645SL
- Cost: $175
- Room Location: BCEC Room 160 AB
- Credits: 7 CE Hours
Pediatric Symposium- Lecture and Luncheon for Dentist
ADVANCED COURSE IN ORAL MEDICINE FOR THE PEDIATRIC DENTIST
This 7-hour course will provide to the attendee with the most up-to-date information about the complex field of oral medicine in the pediatric patient. The course will cover the most critical issues in oral medicine in the pediatric patient. The course will start with an update of the current protocols for dental treatment of medically compromised patients. Patients with diabetes, leukemia, hemophilia, Von Willebrand, ADHD, autism, just to mention some, will be discussed in detail with special emphasis in the dental implications.
After this initial session, the course will cover in detail, the most common (and uncommon) soft tissue lesions in infants, children, and adolescents with special emphasis in the differential diagnosis. Finally, two topics are going to close the course: sleep apnea in children and the role of the pediatric dentist, and the most critical concepts in oral and maxillofacial radiology in children.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Review the current protocols for providing dental care to medically compromised patients
- Learn the most up-to-date knowledge about common medical diseases that the pediatric dentist will encounter in a busy practice
- Understand the role of the pediatric dentistry in the management of children with sleep apnea
- Discuss the most common and uncommon soft tissue lesions in infants, children, and adolescents
- Identify the most common and uncommon radiographic pathology in infants, children, and adolescents
*Tuition includes coffee, tea and pastries.
Join us for the luncheon which will be held from 12:00 – 1:30 pm and network with your colleagues.
Endorsed by the Massachusetts Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Northeast Society of Pediatric Dentistry.