- Saturday 1/29/2022
- Time: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 640SL
- Cost: $115
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
AN UPDATE ON OUTCOME AND IMAGING OF APICAL PERIODONTITIS
Is every failure following a regular root canal treatment simply due to the inability to perform the best treatment, or do the systemic health and the individual genetic make-up influence the response to endodontic treatment? Should we boost the immune system? Ultrasound Imaging in Endodontics, in addition to being a safe imaging technique, can provide information on the size, tissue characteristics, and vascularity of bone lesions, in a dynamic mode. This aspect seems to play a major role in the development of a preliminary differential diagnosis of bone defects of pathologic origin in the jaws.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the significance of persistent apical periodontitis
- Cite the reasons for a negative outcome of root canal treatment
- Evaluate the possible role of medications in healing of apical periodontitis
- Recognize the best imaging techniques to assess bone lesions of apical periodontitis
- Assess the limitations of radiographic techniques
- Discuss the possibility of using ultrasound examination in endodontics
*Tuition includes coffee and pastry break with an opportunity to network with peers.
Endorsed and co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Association of Endodontists.