- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 167TL
- Cost: $29
- Room Location: BCEC Room 256
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Is Oral Health Integration the Future of Dentistry?
Every day, oral healthcare providers make a crucial impact on the wellbeing of their patients. Yet the healthcare system is structured to make this crucial component of overall health difficult to reach for too many Americans. This course will take attendees through the origin of our separation from the medical system, the cutting edge evidence demonstrating the value of oral health to patients and health systems, and the role of integration in the future of oral health. As healthcare rapidly changes, dentistry must evolve to improve quality of care for patients and job satisfaction for providers. Medical-dental integration and innovation provide these opportunities.
Please note: $29 Non Member Fee NO CHARGE for MDS Members- Registration Required.
- Understand the state of the evidence supporting connections between oral and systemic health
- Explain the history of the separation between medicine and dentistry
- Discuss the current status of oral health care policy in the United States
- Describe the impact of oral health integration on health outcomes
- Illustrate multiple formats of oral health care coordination as well as their benefits and challenges
- Construct opportunities for oral health and medical integration in the practice