- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Course Code: 108TL
- Cost: $29
- Room Location: BCEC Room 104 A
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Risk Management for the Entire Dental Team
Risk management is not just claims prevention. It is ensuring the patient has a good experience in the dental office, and each member of the office plays a role in this experience. This course will address the interactions that all staff members have with patients and offer tips and suggestions for enhancing patient experiences. Each area in a practice, clinical, communication, and documentation must be appropriately addressed by both dentists and staff to ensure the practice runs in a safe manner. Join us for an interactive course where attendees will learn simple steps to make the practice safer for the patients and staff.
- Explain how communication underlies each encounter with patients
- Understand how risk management involves each member of the office
- Enhance communication methods to improve patient appointments
- Discuss why documentation is so crucial to the clinical chart
- Employ effective techniques to document patient visits
- Design effective procedures to ensure patient safety
Attendees will be eligible for a 5% risk management discount on their professional liability premium with EDIC.