- Thursday 1/27/2022
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 117TL
- Cost: $99
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning in Recognizing & Resolving Ethical Issues
Dentists face professional and ethical dilemmas daily. Along with dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants participate in the resolution of these dilemmas as part of the dental team. This course will focus on the recognition of treatment planning shortcomings with the corresponding potential for risk management issues. By using actual clinical cases that involve multi-disciplinary treatment planning approaches, this course will encourage audience participation (dentists, hygienists, assistants) in order to demonstrate how to recognize ethical dilemmas and how these concerns were actually addressed with the subsequent clinical treatment. Certain legal as well as the risk management ramifications of the treatment avoided as well as the treatment rendered will also be discussed.
- Understand how the dental team (dentist, hygienist, assistants, front desk managers) can work together to recognize ethical dilemmas guided by the ADA Ethical Principles
- Recognize how the dental team addresses patients' concerns about treatment to resolve ethical dilemmas
- Utilize interdisciplinary treatment planning to help limit ethical issues and treatment problems
- Examine ways to render subsequent clinical treatment that can mitigate risk problems and legal concerns
- Determine how to strengthen the dental team’s risk management skills
Presented by the American College of Dentists New England Section.