- Saturday 1/29/2022
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Course Code: 634SL
- Cost: No Charge
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
BORID Update 2022
This course will be presented by current Board members and the Board’s Executive Director will summarize the Board’s licensure requirements including licensure renewal and continuing education, the nature of complaints filed with the Board, and the “top ten” reasons licensees are sanctioned by the Board for regulatory and statutory violations. The course will also include a summary of “hot topics” being considered by the Board such as the impact of the COVID-19 virus on the dental profession, the use of teledentistry and changes to the clinical competency exams required by the Board for initial licensure. A brief question and answer period will be included at the end of the course.
- Review BORID's Regulations at 234 CMR and MGL c. 112, s. 51 1/2
- Understand requirements for initial licensure as a dentist, dental hygienist, or dental assistant
- Explain requirements for licensure renewal, including continuing education and mandatory course work
- Determine requirements for clinical practice, i.e. infection control, spore testing, BLS certification, etc.
- List "top ten" complaints considered by BORID
- Discuss BORID "hot topics"