- Saturday 1/28/2023
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Course Code: 683SL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Exhibit Floor Classroom F
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Built to Last: The Ins and Outs of Starting and Building a Successful DSO
Abhayjit Bedi, DMD Dr. Abhay Bedi, DMD is a board-certified prosthodontist and founder of Bedi Dental Group. Bedi Dental is a 9-practice dental group with locations across the Northeast. It’s the result of Dr. Bedi's passion for patient-centric comprehensive care, and his love for developing teams through learning and education. He is deeply involved in the business, practicing three days a week and carrying out his management responsibilities as a CEO. Dr. Bedi received his prosthodontics training at Tufts University, and is an alumni of Harvard Business School where he completed the Owner/President Management program. He is also the facilitator of the Seattle Study Club of Central New England, as well as a Fellow and member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr. Bedi has been published in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and the Journal of Prosthodontics.
Dental Service Organization (DSO) is a trending topic in the dental industry today. Aspiring dental entrepreneurs are attracted to the financial gains but are uncertain on how to get started or what it takes to sustain a successful DSO. In this course, the instructor will discuss growing from a single three-operatory practice to acquiring 9 practices over 10 years. This is a no-nonsense, straight talk about the challenges, pitfalls, triumphs, and the lessons learned, covering all the facets to consider before undertaking the journey of building a DSO from the ground up.
- Understand current trends in the dental profession
- Examine various group models and deciding what's best for you
- Explain mergers and acquisitions: What you need to know
- Summarize valuation and deal structure
- Define how to build a culture of excellence
- Illustrate recruitment and retention of staff and clinicians
- Determine how to maintain quality dentistry while growing into a DSO
- Sustain growth and avoid common pitfalls
Recommended Audience: Dentist
Ambient Noise Disclaimer: Please note that this course will be held on the Exhibit Hall Floor and will be subject to ambient noise.