- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 186TL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Exhibit Floor Classroom J
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
3D Facial Scanning
Dean Vafiadis, DDS has been teaching at NYUCD for 30 years on Aesthetics, Implant, and CAD/CAM technologies. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. He is also the director of FMR at NYU and NSU NOVA. He has a private practice in midtown NYC.
3D Facial Scanning is the last piece of the Digital Work Flow, that allows ideal complete "Digital Avatar" from the clinician to the laboratory. This will allow the team of clinicians, surgeons and labs to see the final product in real-time. This will reduce chair time, reduce mistakes, and correct occlusion and position of the teeth which enhances facial aesthetics and the final outcome.
- Learn how 3-D facial scanning can help complete diagnostics and treatment planning
- Discuss why central incisor position is crucial in all restorative treatments
- Identify accuracy and efficiency of data alignment
- Describe dental Avatar for ideal communication
Recommended Audience: Dentist
Ambient Noise Disclaimer: Please note that this course will be held on the Exhibit Hall Floor and will be subject to ambient noise.