- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 10:00 am
- Course Code: 152TL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Room 258 A
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Improving Oral Health: Making Recommendations That Get the Best Outcomes
Diane Peterson, RDH is an academic relations manager for Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. In this role Diane provides evidence-based educational presentations to dental professionals as well as works with Colgate's digital continuing education platform (Colgate Oral Health Network). Prior to joining Colgate Diane has had many roles in the profession from clinician, advocate, researcher and educator. Each role helped shape the dental professional she has become today. She is an active member of ADHA, ADEA, and the Sigma Phi Alpha Dental Hygiene Honor Society.
Ever wonder why patients don't follow all your oral care recommendations no matter what you do, when a simple change in product or technique can make a huge impact on their oral health? As dental professionals we know that the products patients use can make a difference. In this course we will explore some preventive therapies that can impact their oral health outcomes.
- Explain the principal therapeutic outcomes of the available formulations of toothpastes on the market
- Summarize the reduction of caries incidence by assimilation of the fluoride ion into the apatite crystal of enamel
- Describe management of dentin hypersensitivity with OTC ingredients available
- Identify the benefits of different active ingredients in mouthrinses in order to make an evidence based recommendation
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
An invitation to participate in the Corporate Forums was provided to all companies exhibiting at Yankee. Participating companies have selected the speakers and topics for the sessions and paid all related expenses. The information and opinions presented are solely those of the speakers and the sponsoring companies and do not represent the opinions of, nor constitute endorsement by Yankee Dental Congress, the Massachusetts Dental Society and the co participating states.