- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 120TL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 210 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Life Is Your Best Medicine
Tieraona Low Dog, MD is the fellowship director for the Academy of Inegrative Health and Medicine and a founding member of the American Board of Physician Specialties American Board of Integrative Medicine and the Academy of Women’s Health.
Everything you do and every choice you make can have a positive and profound impact on your health and well-being. Today chronic illness afflicts more than 50 percent of Americans, despite widespread availability of pharmaceutical medications and state-of-the-art medical technology. Overwhelming evidence tells us that much of this illness has more to do with our lifestyles than anything else. This means the road to vitality and health is within our own power. From wholesome food, herbal medicines, and movement to meditation, interaction with nature, and social connectedness, the instructor draws a virtual road map to well-being that is both sensible and inspiring.
- Discuss the effects of chronic stress on work performance and risk for depression, anxiety, heart disease and other diseases
- Describe how meditation, physical activity, rest, music, and other lifestyle factors can positively impact physical and emotional health
- Identify strategies for reducing fatigue, improving sleep and increasing emotional well-being
- Summarize three ways to improve nutrition
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist, Office, Technician