- Saturday 1/28/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Course Code: 664SL
- Cost: No Charge
- Room Location: BCEC Room 258 A
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Practice Transition in a COVID World
Ben Larkin, JD is a graduate of Dartmouth College. He holds a graduate degree from the University of New Hampshire and his law degree from George Washington University. Over the last 22 years, he has worked in over 400 dental practice transitions, primarily in New England, either as an attorney, broker or consultant. He has been attending the Yankee Dental Congress for over 20 years.
In this course we will examine what has changed in the world of practice transition now that we are living in a word with COVID. For instance: Is now a better or worse time to transition a practice? Have the ways in which we value practices changed? Is there a different buyer pool? How are practices financed? Are dentists looking at different exit strategies than in the past?
- Understand how practices are valued
- Recogize the differences in working with private buyers, multi-practice owners or DSOs
- Understand why timing is important in practice transition planning
- Learn the various ways in which buyers finance or pay for practices
- Understand how to read the financial reports of a practice
- Consider issues that arise with partnerships
Recommended Audience: Dentist