- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 501RL
- Cost: $199
- Room Location: Westin Waterfront Harbor Ballroom II & III
- Credits: 6 CE Hours
Orthodontic Symposium- Lecture and Luncheon
Peter Ngan, DMD is West Virginia University Branson-Maddrell Endowed Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthodontics, West Virginia University, School of Dentistry. Dr. Ngan holds a dental degree from Harvard University, School of Dental Medicine and Certificates in Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry and Hospital Dentistry from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine/ Children Hospital of Philadelphia. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
EARLY TIMELY ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
The speaker will use long-term orthodontic records to illustrate the stability of early orthodontic and orthopedic treatment of various malocclusions.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Use bone-borne maxillary expansion appliances to treat patients with maxillary deficiencies
- Determine when to use class II orthopedics to treat patients with severe overjet and overbite problems
- Understand the effectiveness of using various class II correctors to correct class II malocclusions
- Cite the contemporary ways of using facemasks to treat patients with class III malocclusion and maxillary deficiencies
- Discuss how to use temporary anchorage device (TADs) as anchorage to expand the scope of orthodontic and orthopedic treatment of class III patients
The luncheon will be held from 12:00 - 1:30 pm.
Endorsed by the Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists.
This year’s FREDERICK MOYNIHAN AWARD for contributions to the profession of Orthodontics in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will be bestowed upon an esteemed colleague, Carl Carlamere, DDS at the luncheon.
Recommended Audience: Dentist
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now