- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 109TL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 103
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Not Your Typical Toothache
Brooke Blicher, DMD is the co-founder and educator of Pulp Nonfiction Endodontics and a clinical endodontist in White River Junction, VT.
Rebekah Lucier Pryles, DMD is a clinical endodontist at Upper Valley Endodontics in White River Junction, Vermont. She is active in organized dentistry, and served as the most recent president of the Vermont State Dental Society. She teaches at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She has published extensively, including the textbook "Endodontics: A Study Guide." Together with Dr. Brooke Blicher, she co-founded Pulp Nonfiction Endodontics, an educational collaborative grounded in evidence-based continuing education, and has lectured nationally and internationally.
The common endodontic diagnosis of pulpal and periapical pathology can be quickly complicated by the additional findings of resorption, fractures, or combined periodontal-endodontic disease. Though on the surface these atypical cases appear more challenging or less predictable in their treatment, careful diagnosis can provide patients with predictable long-term treatment solutions. This course will prepare attendees with the evidence and skills necessary to both diagnose and manage endodontic disease complicated by atypical findings.
- Explain basic endodontic diagnoses of pulpal and periapical disease
- Apply 3D imaging in endodontic diagnosis and management
- Differentiate resorptive dental diseases and discuss their unique management strategies
- Assess fracture pathology and an evidence-based management algorithm
- Identify the unique challenges posed by perio-endo infections as well as their management
Recommended Audience: Dentist