- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 468RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 102 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine
Ken Berley, DDS, JD is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine and a licensed attorney. He practices dental sleep medicine in Northwest Arkansas and is President and co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team.
Patty Berley, is a co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team and has worked with her husband, Dr. Ken Berley in both the dental and legal fields for over 30 years.
Sleep disorders destroy our quality of life and can be life threatening. This course will provide attendees with a basic understanding of the treatment of sleep apnea using oral appliance therapy. Sleep disordered breathing will be introduced and the instructor will share his tips and techniques for developing a successful dental sleep practice. Attendees will understand the basics of dental sleep medicine and how mandibular advancement devices function.
- Identify serious health consequences of sleep disordered breathing
- Discuss screening for sleep disordered breathing
- Understand the protocol of working as a durable medical equipment provider
- Determine how to secure diagnosed patients to treat
- Explore an overview of oral appliances
- Explain titration protocol
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist