- Saturday 1/28/2023
- Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 674SH
- Cost: $375
- Room Location: BCEC Room 151 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Dive Into Dental Sleep Medicine
Ken Berley, DDS, JD is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine and a licensed attorney. He practices dental sleep medicine in Northwest Arkansas and is President and co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team.
Patty Berley, is a co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team and has worked with her husband, Dr. Ken Berley in both the dental and legal fields for over 30 years.
This course will cover a variety of topics that arise in the practice of Dental Sleep Medicine. Demonstrations and hands-on instructions for temporary appliances, morning repositioners, and different bite registration techniques will be presented. Oral appliances will be available to adjust and patient selection criteria will be discussed.
- Understand the criteria for selecting the appropriate appliance
- Determine the appropriate technique for titrating each appliance category
- Design a temporary mandibular advancement appliance
- Take a protruded bite
- Fabricate a morning repositioner
- Review and learn how to read sleep studies
This course is also offered on Saturday, 8:00 - 11:00 am, 673SH
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now
Thanks to Kettenbach Dental for course materials.
Supplies Needed: Sleep Studies from Handout, and Paper and Pen for Notes.