- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 469RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 102 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Dental Sleep Medicine: Medical Insurance and Medicare Billing
Ken Berley, DDS, JD is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine and a licensed attorney. He practices dental sleep medicine in Northwest Arkansas and is President and co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team.
Patty Berley, is a co-founder of The Dental Sleep Apnea Team and has worked with her husband, Dr. Ken Berley in both the dental and legal fields for over 30 years.
If you can’t get Medical Insurance and Medicare to pay for Oral Appliance Therapy, you will NOT be successful. Attendees will be instructed on how to bill insurance and Medicare legally and ethically for dental sleep medicine and the understand the need for proper documentation. Internal and external marketing for Dental Sleep Medicine will be introduced and suggestions will be made on how to launch your practice. Patient communication is critical, and the attendees will learn how to speak to their patients about this serious medical condition and the health consequences of sleep apnea.
- Understand the basics of filing medical insurance for sleep apnea
- Examine CMS regulations and Medicare protocols
- Determine necessary documentation for insurance and Medicare reimbursement
- Discuss patient and physician communication
- Review marketing and practice growth
- Completion of a CMS 1500 Claim form will be presented
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now