- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Course Code: 160TL
- Cost: $35
- Room Location: BCEC Room 256
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Beauty, Skin, and Wrinkles: A Dentists Role in Esthetics Beyond the Mouth
John Calabrese, DMD practices in Longmeadow and East Longmeadow Massachusetts at Ascent Dental Care and medical spa, Ascent Laser Aesthetics. He practices comprehensive general dentistry including cosmetics, implants and orthodontics. He works at the Baystate Hospital Operating Room providing full mouth rehabilitation to children, adults and disabled patients. Dr. Calabrese is an attending dentist at the Hartford Hospital GPR program training the dental residents. He works with AMET to provide continuing education as a national BOTOX® and Dermal Filler instructor for dentists, physicians, PA’s and nurses.
To see the teeth, you have to look past the lips and mouth! Dental treatment typically has focused on the oral cavity. However more recently we are beginning see the importance of facially driven treatment plans. Dentists have a unique and significant perspective on facial esthetics that can help patients achieve their cosmetic goals and feel confident while aging. While we use the face to help our tooth treatments, we can now use our skills to also help treat the face for a comprehensive treatment plan.
Please note: $35 Non Member Fee NO CHARGE for MDS Members- Registration Required.
- Explain the important role dentists have in improving a patient's smile while comprehensively treating the head and neck areas
- Identify options to treat the lips, areas around the mouth and face using dermal fillers
- Describe how BOTOX® can help with cosmetics but also functionally help our patients smiles
- Understand the business of beauty is quickly growing, and how dental providers can use their unique skills to contribute and thrive in this marketplace
- Know how introducing these treatments can help the practice improve patient outcomes while producing a fee for service opportunity
Recommended Audience: Dentist