- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 164TL
- Cost: $35
- Room Location: BCEC Room 256
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Management of Gingival Recession: Classic and Modern Techniques and Materials
Gingival recession constitutes one of the common esthetic and functional conditions of the periodontium and can present complex treatment planning modalities. This course will review clinical data to be collected and monitored for a tooth with gingival recession as part of the periodontal evaluation or during the regular hygiene appointments. Classification of gingival recession and identification of the contributing factors responsible for gingival recession will be presented. The recommended timing for intervention and referral for treatment will be discussed. Treatment planning, which will include preventive and corrective techniques, will be reviewed. Various surgical treatment options, including classic autogenous grafts as well as allografts will be presented using clinical cases. Treatment goals, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of various procedures will be discussed.
Please note: $35 Non Member Fee NO CHARGE for MDS Members- Registration Required.
- Discuss the classifications of gingival recession
- Assess the contributing factors for suitable treatment planning of gingival recession
- Properly record changes around a tooth with gingival recession, monitor and manage gingival recession
- Identify the recommended steps for treatment of gingival recession with preventive and corrective procedures
- Review various surgical techniques and materials, from classic to modern, used to correct areas of gingival recession by examining clinical cases