- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Course Code: 444RL
- Cost: $75
- Room Location: BCEC Room 205 C
- Credits: 2 CE Hours
Taking the Ouch! Out of Hypersensitivity
Jamie Collins, RDH is a clinical practicing hygienist and has been in the dental field for nearly 20 years, both as an assistant and hygienist. In addition to clinical practice Jamie is also an educator, has contributed to multiple textbooks and curriculum development, and contributes as a key opinion leader.
Treating patients in the office who suffer with dentinal hypersensitivity can leave the patient and the clinician both on edge. You know the kind of patient that tell us where we are “allowed” to clean and how to do it to avoid a painful experience. Having the knowledge to recognize the cause and having solution options to treat the condition can create strong trusting relationships with your patients. Through various methods taking the ouch out of dental care can be achieved.
- Identify the common causes of dentinal hypersensitivity
- Understand how to treat hypersensitivity with well-established methods
- Introduce alternative methods to treat hypersensitivity in-office
- Discuss recommendation options that may be instrumental for continued relief
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist