- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 490RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 252 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
The Oral-Systemic Myth: Bridging the Medical & Dental Professions
Despite abundant evidence of the life-altering and potentially life-threatening risks associated with oral disease, the dental prophylaxis is still the most common CDT code used across the United States, 91% of Americans have tooth decay and 75% of dental patients report NEVER receiving an oral cancer screening during their routine dental visit. Dental caries remains the #1 chronic childhood disease, periodontal disease has become increasingly common in nearly 1 in 2 adults and tragically, every hour one American loses their life to the ramifications of oral cancer. Is it possible, then, that the Oral-Systemic Link is, in fact, a myth?
Periodontal hygienist Katrina Sanders, RDH, M.Ed presents this compelling and thought provoking course confronting the missing opportunities for the dental profession to elevate their standards. Learn why the medical profession is ready to invite dentistry to take a seat at the table in discussing comprehensive patient care and understand the role the dental profession can play in rising to excellence. The Oral-Systemic Link: Fact or myth? The choice is OURS.
- Evaluate aspects of the medical model as they relate to integrative patient care
- Identify the challenges regarding the management of the oral-systemic link by dental providers
- Discuss implementation strategies of oral disease as they relate to the oral-systemic link
- Understand co-therapeutic strategies in comprehensive patient care
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now