- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 491RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 252 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Airway Management: Treating the Hot Air & Tongue Ties in Airway Therapy
As societal trends are now beginning to encourage the community to ‘breathe easier’ in the hopeful collapse of a global health crisis, dental patients are beginning to consider the importance of preventive strategies aimed for whole-body wellness. For perhaps the first time in history, society is actively inquiring about how to maintain personal health and wellness prior to falling ill. These unique pivots are now creating a call to action across dentistry, elevating patient expectations and curating new conversations within the dental practice.
While discussing preventive dentistry or attempting to treat asymptomatic disease previously brought patients to questioning the ‘hot air’ in treatment planning, it is widely recognized that society has become a captive audience in understanding preventive modalities. Join international speaker and dental hygienist Katrina M Sanders as she curates an approach aimed to assist dental providers in identifying appropriate airway profiles while addressing the all-too-common ‘tongue tie’ oftentimes experienced when attempting to communicate with patients about airway obstructive disorders. Don’t leave critical airway conversations up in the air; breathe easier with clear patient identifiers and motivational communication strategies aimed to boost your airway management program!
- Identify ideal airway management patient profiles as candidates for advanced airway procedures
- Review medical history, lifestyle and clinical identifiers linked to airway disorders
- Learn about common medical conditions affiliated with airway obstructive disorders, poor sleep habits and mouth breathing
- Discuss motivational interviewing as it relates to case acceptance of airway management treatment
- Create optimal strategies for high-level hand-offs and team communication in airway management
Handouts are available for this course. Download Now