- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 456RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 109 AB
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Dry Mouth: Causes, Management, and Prevention
Fiona Collins, BDS, MBA, MA is the editor of continuing education courses for Pennwell and a member of The Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures.
This presentation begins with a review of the etiologies of dry mouth, and its role as a risk factor for oral diseases and conditions. The impact of dry mouth on patients, options for the management of dry mouth, and the prevention and management of associated oral disease and conditions will then be discussed. Novel therapies being researched will also be reviewed.
- List etiologies for dry mouth and describe the functions of saliva
- Compare the signs, symptoms, and potential adverse effects of xerostomia on oral health
- Understand recommendations for the prevention and management of associated oral diseases and conditions
- Discover options for the management of dry oral mucosa associated with reduced/absent salivary flow
- Identify novel therapies currently being researched related to the management of dry mouth and its sequelae
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist