- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Course Code: 417RH
- Cost: $260
- Room Location: BCEC Room 160 A
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Basic Orthodontic Assisting
SORRY, THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT!
Jonathan Chason, DMD maintains a private orthodontic practice in Franklin, MA.
This course is directed at the already experienced dental assistant who has had little or no exposure to orthodontic assisting. Attendees will receive hands-on experience with the most up to date techniques of both clear aligner therapy and conventional braces. Techniques will include the following: digital scanning of typodonts, placement of clear aligner buttons, conventional bracket and band placement, archwire placement, and placement of additional orthodontic appliances such as Hawley, Hyrax etc.
- Identify components of different orthodontic treatment modalities including clear aligner therapy and conventional braces
- Discover digital scanning techniques
- Learn the correct placement and function of orthodontic appliances
- Implement direct bonding techniques for orthodontic brackets and cementation of orthodontic bands
- Practice direct bonding techniques for clear aligner buttons, placement of aligners and evaluation of proper fit
- Learn to fit initial archwires and "tie in" and "untie" archwires utilizing various types of orthodontic ligatures
This course is also offered on Friday, 2:00 - 5:00 pm, 448RH
Recommended Audience: Assistant
Thanks to Invisalign iTero for course materials.
Supplies Needed: Orthodontic Pliers and Instruments: Explorers, Scaler, Bird beak Pliers, Ligature Cutter, Distal End Cutter, Hemostat or Needle Holder, Weingart or Utility Plier, Band Remover, Band Seater, Bracket Holder or Cotton Plier