- Friday 1/27/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 407RL
- Cost: $125
- Room Location: BCEC Room 107 B
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Endo for GPs: Better, Faster, Safer Root Canals
Manor Haas, DDS, MScD is a clinical instructor and lecturer at the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry in the department of graduate and undergraduate endodontics. He also holds a staff position at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children.
In this course attendees will learn how nowadays, you can perform root canals better, faster and safer. Many clinical tips and tricks will be demonstrated and tailored to novice and experienced GPs. See how root canals could be done in single visits. Attendees will learn how to locate and instrument calcified and curved canals and obturate predictably.
- Identify how to more efficiently locate canals (including MB2), instrument and obturate with fewer steps
- Explain how to better access teeth, locate and instrument cal’d canals, follow curved canal, anesthetize (hot) teeth, and improve intra-canal medications
- Determine how to separate fewer files, prevent perforations, avoid canal ledging and blocking, prevent obturation extrusion, and reduce post-op pain
- Learn how to perform single visit root canals
- Discuss the what and when of analgesics and antibiotics in endodontics and how to reduce post op flare-ups
- Understand how to diagnose endo versus non-endo related symptoms and avoid wrong treatments
Recommended Audience: Dentist