- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Course Code: 106TH
- Cost: $375
- Room Location: BCEC Room 151 A
- Credits: 3 CE Hours
Simplifying Anterior Composites Using Digital Design and a 3D Matrix
Adam Hodges, DMD is a 2000 graduate of the Medical College of Georgia. He completed a general practice residency at Palmetto Richland Memorial hospital focused on surgical and cosmetic dentistry . He has maintained Hodges and Hodges Comprehensive Dental Medicine with his brother and formerly his father in Asheville, NC for 21 years. He is a graduate of the Pankey Institute, Spear Center, and LSU cosmetic continuum. He has particular interest in digital dentistry and improving results through utilizing technology.
Anterior composite treatments involving diastema closure and/or veneers are cases clinicians find difficult. The value of conservative treatment is obvious but the skill set and time required often lead some of us to avoid this treatment option. The promise of digital technology is simplification of workflow and predictability of outcomes. This course will introduce attendees to a new custom printed matrix which can be leveraged to make these cases more predictable with less chair time. In a hands-on experience attendees will be able to utilize this technology to experience a new way of providing anterior composite treatment on multiple teeth.
- Discuss the benefits of conservative anterior composite restorative options
- Introduce a new technology that leverages lab-produced digital design and 3D printing
- Explain the workflow for utilizing this technology
- Understand what types of cases are best accomplished using this matrix
- Identify tips and tricks to successfully utilize this 3D-printed matrix
- Utilize the matrix on a model
This course is also offered on Thursday, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, 128TH and Saturday, 8:00 - 11:00 am, 603SH and Saturday, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, 636SH
Recommended Audience: Dentist
The 3M Oral Care grant has been applied to this course. Thanks to 3M Oral Care for course materials.
Supplies Needed: Loupes and Headlight (optional)