- Thursday 1/26/2023
- Time: 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Course Code: 102TL
- Cost: $35
- Room Location: BCEC Room 106
- Credits: 1 CE Hour
Risk Management Principles for Dental Teams
SORRY, THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT!
Katherine Panikian, Esq is the Risk Manager and Chief Risk Officer at Eastern Dentists Insurance Company (EDIC). She is a licensed attorney in Massachusetts and Maryland and has achieved the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) certification and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation from The Institutes.
Risk management involves more than claims prevention. It is ensuring the patient has a good experience in the dental office, and each member of the office plays a role in this experience. This course will address the interactions that all staff members have with patients and offer tips and suggestions for enhancing patient experiences. Each area in a practice clinical, communication, and documentation must be appropriately addressed by both dentists and staff to ensure the practice runs in a safe manner. Join us for an interactive course where you will learn simple steps to make your practice safer for your patients and for you.
- Understand how communication underlies each encounter with patients and how poor communication can lead to malpractice claims
- Discuss how risk management involves each member of the office
- Learn communication methods to enhance patient appointments
- Explain why documentation is so crucial to the clinical chart
- Identify how to employ effective techniques to document patient visits
- Design effective procedures to ensure patient safety
- Summarize the basic principles of malpractice and violations of the standard of care
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist, Office