How are Sleep Disorders and TMD Related and How to Treat
| Wednesday, November 15, 2023
|Credits: 2 CE Hours
Amparo David, DMD: is the director of the TMJ and Sleep Therapy Center of New England and maintains a private practice In Bolton. She is a diplomate of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Attendees will learn to identify when a patient signs and symptoms of a possible Sleep or TMD disorders. Learn what questions to ask to develop an initial assessment and learn the connection between Sleep Disorders and TMD. Once the diagnosis is made, attendees will understand the right treatment approach and the right referrals to make. Once we have reviewed the key steps to the process, we will review patient cases to reinforce the approaches reviewed.
- Recognize the clinical signs of a patient with a possible Sleep or TMD Disorder
- Learn the questions to ask to uncover the presence of a sleep disorder or TMD problem
- Determine all steps needed to develop an initial diagnosis
- Develop a plan of action for the patient and determine what referrals to make
- Review cases to tie the process together
Carl McManama, DDS: Carl McManama is a Professor in the Department of General Dentistry and course director for several courses at Boston University's Goldman School of Dental Medicine where he has taught since 1976. In addition to his teaching, he has maintained a private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts for the past forty-five years. Dr. McManama has presented over 100 CE courses on topics related to restorative and operative dentistry to all levels of dental audiences.